The company seeks an experienced and motivated Research Scientist or Senior Scientist to join the Company.
Our scientists are expected to deliver projects against agreed plans and quality targets. They are expected to have high-level practical skills and technical knowledge specific to their areas of responsibility. They will be responsible for maintaining expected levels, both personally and in the team of laboratory practises, record keeping and HSE standards.
Isogenica is a preferred supplier for antibody discovery and engineering libraries and technologies based on its proprietary DNA synthesis and protein display/selection methods. Our goal is to enable our clients to be successful in drug development by providing antibody fragment libraries of the highest possible quality, and the most performant selection/optimization methods to mine those effectively.
The candidate must have:
- PhD. or equivalent with minimum 2 years of relevant antibody selection and characterisation experience (Scientist) or 4 years in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries (Senior Scientist)
- Experience in antibody selection using phage and/or other in vitro display systems
- Antibody screening and characterization experience using ELISA and Alphascreen or HTRF, affinity determination (BIAcore, Octet) and protein stability assays
- Mammalian cell culture experience, including cell line maintenance, transfection, selection and cloning.
- Analytical flow cytometry (FACS) background, including experiment controls selection, instrument use and data processing/reporting
Experience in the following would also be desirable:
- Experience using next generation sequencing for antibody repertoire mining for monitoring of selections
- Previous line management experience of direct reports (Senior Scienitist)
The candidate must be able to demonstrate high motivation, productivity in a dynamic collaborative environment, flexibility, effective communication skills and good teamwork. Strong optimisation and troubleshooting skills and keen attention to detail are essential.
At Isogenica, we provide a supportive and creative working environment for talented individuals who are seeking a dynamic career at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical research. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
Chesterford Research Park, CB10 1XL
Closing date: 15th June 2017