This is a high visibility, experienced business development role in a growing technology platform licensing and research services organisation, specialising in biotherapeutics discovery. It is an excellent opportunity for the applicant to extend their experience in life sciences business development from lead-generation, through to contract signature. The holder of the position will be expected to support the Director of Commercial Development (DCD) and the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) in all back-office business development activities but also to have the enthusiasm, confidence and knowledge to present the company at both early-stage face-to-face and teleconference meetings, very often with experienced scientists present. The role will involve building relationships with new and existing clients within the sector and to develop new business channels for the organisation. The role will involve regular international travel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences
- minimum 2-3 years postgraduate laboratory research experience in life sciences (with or without an advanced research degree) - experience in biopharmaceuticals sector preferred.
- minimum 2-3 years background with direct involvement or experienced gained in the following functions: sales, business development, licensing and commercial marketing in a client-facing, commercial position (life sciences industry)
- excellent communication skills - from presentations to negotiations
- advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel, financial literacy and a keen interest in adopting new technology
The following is also desirable:
- credible knowledge of drug discovery process
- ability to understand Isogenica's technologies and USPs
- social media marketing and previous use of CRM systems
- experience of commercial contracts (e.g., life science licensing)
Isogenica offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
Chesterford Research Park, CB10 1XL
Closing date: 20th November 2017