Isogenica seeks to recruit a highly motivated Research Scientist, who will be focusing on Process Engineering and Automation.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in biological sciences and have demonstrated experience in process development or optimization, including the advanced use of liquid handling and related laboratory automation.
As well as developing, optimising and automating processes, they will be the main point of contact for trained users. The candidate will engage directly with vendors to maintain and upgrade existing systems or test and implement new systems.
The role will require an ability to understand the needs and processes of our Research Scientists and communicate solutions effectively, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are as critical as well as having an understanding of scientific process terminology.
The ideal candidate will have:
- an undergraduate degree in a biological sciences or engineering discipline
- minimum of 2/3 years of relevant experience in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- meticulous scientific technique and attention to detail
- excellent IT skills, with proven ability to record methods and programming SOPs
- experience writing scripts utilising commonly deployed lab automation software in a molecular biology and drug discovery environment
- general knowledge of drug/biologic discovery processes and/or liquid handling procedures relevant to a molecular biology lab
- general knowledge of display technologies and/or DNA library synthesis techniques
- programming or database design and strong IT capabilities beyond basic automation scripting
At Isogenica, we provide a supportive and creative working environment for talented individuals who are seeking a dynamic career at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical research. Situated in a great location, close to Cambridge, we offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package.