The company seeks an experienced and highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the team. All senior scientists are expected to deliver projects against agreed plans and quality targets. They should have high level practical skills and technical knowledge specific to their areas of responsibility. They will be responsible for maintaining expected levels, both personally and in the team relating to laboratory practises, record keeping and HSE standards.
The candidate will have:
- PhD. or equivalent with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Protein engineering work experience, preferably in the field of antibody engineering
- Knowledge of protein structure modelling tools, scripting languages and pipeline tools
- Up to date molecular biology skills including restriction enzyme, Golden Gate and Gibson cloning methods
- coli or in vitro transcription/translation based protein expression and small scale purification
- Protein characterization experience using ELISA and Alphascreen, affinity determination using Octet BLI or SPR methods, particle characterization using DLS, thermal or chemical denaturation protein stability assays, solubility screening methods
Experience in the following would also be desirable:
- Next generation sequencing data set mining as a tool for protein engineering
- Previous management of junior reports
The candidate must be able to demonstrate high motivation, productivity in a dynamic collaborative environment, flexibility, effective communication skills and good team work. Strong optimisation and troubleshooting skills and keen attention to detail are essential.
At Isogenica we provide a supportive and creative working environment for talented individuals who are seeking a dynamic career at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical research. We also offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
Isogenica Ltd, The Mansion,
Chesterford Research Park, CB10 1XL
Closing date: 17th February 2017