The company seeks an experienced and highly motivated Team Leader to join the company. Reporting to the CSO you will be responsible for overseeing a small team of Senior Scientists, Research Scientists and Research Assistants.
You are a DNA library design and synthesis subject matter expert. You are motivated to use and optimise enzymatic DNA synthesis methods and passionate about pushing fidelity and speed of existing methods. Using your scientific and project skills, you will assimilate existing processes and ongoing library build projects. Collaborating with our automation specialist, you will suggest and implement improvements to Isogenica’s COLIBRA library synthesis platform. Working with both internal and external antibody engineering scientists, you will be responsible for the design and build of new antibody libraries.
Isogenica is a preferred supplier for antibody discovery and engineering IP and services using its proprietary DNA synthesis method and protein display/selection methods. Our goal is to enable our clients to be successful in drug development by providing antibody fragment libraries of the highest possible quality, and the most performant selection/optimization methods to mine those effectively.
The candidate will have:
- PhD. or equivalent with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Minimum 4 years of synthetic DNA library manufacturing
- Proficient skills in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) sample preparation and data processing
- Knowledge of sequence and protein structure related bioinformatics tools, preferably with basic script development skills
- Project management experience
- Line management experience
Experience in the following would also be desirable:
- Experience in lead discovery utilising mRNA, phage, yeast or similar display technologies
- HSE Leadership
The candidate must be able to demonstrate high motivation, productivity in a dynamic collaborative environment, flexibility, effective communication skills and good teamwork. Strong optimisation and troubleshooting skills and keen attention to detail are essential.
At Isogenica, we provide a supportive and creative working environment for talented individuals who are seeking a dynamic career at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical research. We also offer a competitive salary and have an attractive benefits package.
Isogenica Ltd, The Mansion,
Chesterford Research Park, CB10 1XL
Closing date: 31st March 2017