Laboratory Assistant (Part Time)
Job Ref: LA2301
Reports to: Laboratory and Facilities Manager
Contract type: Part time: 20 hours per week
Working days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
For more than twenty years, Isogenica has built deep expertise and knowledge about how to find VHH antibodies and develop them into drugs in partnership with some of the world’s most innovative biopharma companies. As our Laboratory Assistant, you will help support our scientific team to create the next generation of life-changing medicines.
You will be responsible for making sure the scientific team have everything they require to perform key experiments. You will take pride in producing high quality reagents and media along with keeping organised stocks of consumables, glassware and antibiotics. You will be trained in mammalian cell culture, and become increasingly independent in maintaining cell lines as you grow your skills.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You will have:
- >1y experience working within a laboratory environment, would be desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- An understanding of Health and Safety concepts
- Mammalian tissue culture experience is not required but would be an advantage
- Familiar with a laboratory environment through education or previous employment
- Driven by the goal of helping create new medicines and excited to learn about Isogenica’s antibody drug discovery and development
- Self-motivated and looking for a role to grow into to develop your skills
- A team-player with a desire to organize, a keen sense of when to get input from others, and with the ability to work independently when needed
- Proactive and eager to collaborate with the wider team
- Make and keep high-quality stocks of media and buffers
- Once trained, care for mammalian cell cultures following standard procedures
- Keep consumables filled within the lab areas and communicate with the lab manager regarding ordering
- Washing glassware and using an autoclave to sterilise glassware, plasticware and media
- General cleaning and organisation of the laboratory to maintain high standards
- Accepting deliveries and distributing in various locations
- Once fully trained, general cell culture maintenance to support project work
WHAT IT’S LIKE WORKING WITH US
Our Values best describe what it’s like to work here. We’re passionate about using our skills, expertise and knowledge to improve the lives of patients. We love to learn and believe that individual growth and Isogenica’s success goes hand in hand. We challenge and support each other to master new skills, acquire new knowledge and deliver breakthrough technologies that benefit our company, our partners and ultimately patients. Our passion, enjoyment and motivation for our work make Isogenica an inspiring place to work.
As a small team, we work together by trusting, respecting and supporting each other. While we each have ownership over our work, we draw on the skills and expertise of colleagues to ensure the best outcomes. Delivering valuable, world-changing science takes time so, many of our projects and partnerships are long term but we feel a strong sense of urgency to improve lives by innovating and adapting to change quickly as our projects turn corners or new technologies become available.
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as being part of our skilled and enthusiastic team, you will also benefit from:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time)
- A work-place pension with an 8% employer contribution,
- Access to Income Protection and Life Insurance benefits
- Access to Private Medical Insurance (eligible on completion of probation)
- Unlimited access to health and wellbeing resources through our Employee Assistance Programs including counselling and telephone GP service
- Continuing personal development tailored to you including both in-house training and external courses and events
Isogenica is located in Chesterford Research Park offering a beautiful landscape in which to work with plenty of green, open and parkland grounds to explore. Alongside the benefits above, you’ll have access to an on-site restaurant, golf course and 50% membership discount for the on-site gym which includes exercise classes and an outdoor bootcamp.
Salary Range: £20,500 full time (pro-rated for part-time 20 hours per week) + generous benefits package
Contract type: Permanent – Part-Time
How to apply: Please send your CV and brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the permanent right to work in the UK to apply for this role.